This original gown was the bride’s mother’s gown and it’s made of white cotton lace and knit. The dress fit the bride perfectly but she didn’t care for the color.
I researched dying the gown and she chose a light gray. I took the lace off the gown before I sent it to New York for the dying. The dying process took 4 weeks and then I proceeded to hand sew the white lace onto the gray gown according to the bride’s wishes.
I had excess lace leftover, so the bride asked me to make little veils with the lace applied for her three flower girls. It was a fun project and process as I worked closely with the bride to achieve the exact design vision she had in mind.